European Archives Group (EAG)
The Group was established on the basis of the Council’s recommendation adopted on 14 November 2005, concerning actions to increase cooperation in the domain of archives in Europe in the following priority fields:
- preservation and prevention of damage to archival materials in Europe;
- archival construction in European countries;
- reinforcement of European interdisciplinary cooperation with regard to electronic documents and archives, as well as the digitalization of archival fonds;
- creation and maintenance of an Internet portal enabling access to archival documents and the archives of Europe;
- preventive measures against the theft of documents.
Meetings of EAG members take place twice a year.